Skin, V.D. & Leprosy
Skin, V.D. & Leprosy
..Dr. Shyam Sunder Pandey
Skin, V.D. & Leprosy"non illa pro simplici habenda est involucro, sed organum constituti..." Skin is not just an envelope but an organ. -Charles-Anne Lorry (1777)
The department of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy at the HIND Medical College is at pace with the changing times , in disseminating knowledge to the present day medical students and in providing the best dermatological as well as aesthetic care to the appearance-conscious general public.
AIMS OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME:
The UG students are exposed to holistic spectrum of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, where he/she acquires sound clinical, theoretical and histopathological knowledge including preventive, promotional, aesthetic and research aspects of these subjects. On completion of designated course, he/she can independently handle the cases of this specialty at all levels and also impart training of subject and carry out research.
- Clinicopathological correlation and study of expression of apoptosis regulating proteins P53 and BCL 2 in Psoriasis.
- Comparative evaluation of the therapeutic effects of terbinafine and itraconazole in patients with tinea corporis.
- A comparative therapeutic evaluation of topical Ivermectrin vs topical permethrin for the management of Scabies.
- Prevalence of Dermatophytes infection in patients from a hospital of Northern India.
- Clinice-pathological study of Leprosy cases attending Skin & V.D. clinic in HIMS, Safedabad, Barabanki, U.P.
- Different types of LASER like Fractional CO2, Q-Switched Nd-YAG LASER & Intense Pulse Light (IPL) system for Scar Revision, Acne management, Facial Rejuvenation, Hair removal, Pigment removal and Tattoo removal.
- Microdermabrador machine for facial rejuvenation.
- Hair therapy with the help of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and by Folliculor unit transplantation & Follicular unit extraction method.
- Vitiligo surgery & Skin grafting
- Nail surgery.
- Cryotherpy, Electro- Radiofrequency for different types of warts, and wart like lesions.
- Chemical peeling for Acne vulgaris, melasma, photoaging & scars.
- NB-UVB phototherapy for different dermatosis like vitiligo, psoriasis, photodermatitis, Lichen Planus.
- Management of sever drug reactions.
- Allergy teting.
Dermoscope & wood's lamp for the diagnosis of skin Diseases.