Department of TB & Chest
TB & Chest
TB & Chest
TB & Chest department is a very important for all the undergraduates and it is one of the fastest growing specialties in last few decades because of the newer challenges like MDR- (T.B) & X-DR-(T.B).). It is integral part of Medicine, Teaching & Training of MBBS Students.. It is not only limited to tuberculosis & now so many other diseases like ILD, COPD with Respiratory - Critical cases are included in the Department. Several data & research work are undertaken in the Department of TB & Chest.
Data collection & research are going on these fields :
- Pattern of Tuberculosis, its treatment & side effects of Antitubercular therapy.
- Burden of MDR at Tertiary - care center & its treatment.
- 3. Role of regular PFR (Peak Flow Rate) in OAD (Obstructive airway disease) & its effect on treatment adherence.
- Spirometry in OAD.
- Allergy testing at Tertiary - care center to study pattern of allergens.
- Desensitization with immunotherapy in allergy cases & its role to reduce symptoms.
- Aspergillus skin test in OAD & prevalence of aspegillus positivity.
- Prevalence of Eosinophelia in tertiary setting & response to treatment.
- IPD (Ward) Male & Female/ Tub. and Non Tub.
- RICU (Respiratory ICU)
- Spirometry & DLCO (Diffusion Study)
- Allergy Testing & Immunotherapy
- Deaddiction Clinic for Tobacco & Smoking
- Sleep Study (Polysomnography)
- Departmental Library
- DOTS Center & Sputum Microscopy Lab
- Occupational Lung Disease
- Running Respiratory Rehebilitation